The “wall and gate” motif, is a symbol of historic continuity between the Old City and the development of the Jewish neighborhoods built since 1860 outside the Old City walls. The Beit David Quarter was built in 1873, and the gate to the Rabbi’s House, in 1922. Rabbi Kook lived for many years in the “Rabbi’s House”, on the upper floor of Beit David. Dr. Abraham Ticho Street, City Center.